UI Designer (permanent or freelance)
Awell Health is a digital health company enabling care teams to design, build, execute and optimize care pathways. Our mission is to help healthcare providers and patients answer the most difficult question in healthcare: “What’s next?”.
We are looking for open-minded people who are committed to continuously improving themselves and the world around them. Our culture is one of responsibility, high productivity, and genuine feedback.
About the role
As our UI Designer, you'll design and ship high-quality solutions for a product used by care teams and patients along their entire care journey and contribute to deliver better outcomes. You’ll be working with a world class team of product managers, engineers and customers who want to change health care for the better.
We are flexible on engagement, ideally permanent it can also be scoped as a freelance project.
Create visual clarity
Health care is inherently complex with a lot of information to show to the right stakeholders. You're excited about these visualization challenges, and know how to provide information hierarchy and focus when there’s a lot going on.
You know how to systematize in pragmatic, high leverage ways so that the right things are consistent, the right attributes are flexible, and you’re able to provide direction and guidance at scale.
Reinforce the brand
Creating a product that clearly embodies brand principles is easier said than done. You’ll work with the product team to help create the right sorts of alignment and ensure visual design excellence. Within these boundaries you create layouts that reinforce Awell Health's brand through its visual touchpoints.
Get the details right
You'll be executing layouts, typography, iconography, color theory, and compositions to design with artistry, creativity, and mastery. This responsibility comes with all the trappings of what it means to be a sharp designer: generating your own ideas, collaborating with teammates and stakeholders to refine them, crafting mockups and prototypes with polish. You’ll partner with engineering and understand technical constraints and how to make pragmatic tradeoffs on your designs.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- You are an experienced visual designer with at least 3+ years of experience. Having worked in the health care ecosystem is a bonus, but not a must.
- You have experience in designing visual interfaces for products.
- You love solving complex problems because at Awell Health there’s no shortage of challenging, tangly problems
- You have experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- You're a team player: you'll be working closely together with the product team
- You understand that the user experience is as important to customer value as is the underlying functionality
- You can work work in and collaborate with our team in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- You constantly validate and refine ideas as well as collect new insights
- You are a clear communicator both written and verbal
- You're familiar with our design stack: Figma
- Given that there's a lot of Belgian DNA in the company, ideally you like fries 🍟, waffles 🧇, beer 🍻 and/or chocolate 🍫
Bonus, not required: Experience with front-end development (think React, Storybook, Material UI)
- Contract/freelance full time, remote:)
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We expect you to attach your CV and portfolio that showcases your thoughtful, product-centric work.