Overview of the care pathway
We can divide the cataracts care pathway into 3 phases:
- Baseline (diagnosed with cataract)
The backbone of the care pathway is summarized in the figure below, for this flow we relied mainly on the ICHOM standard set of Patient-Centered Outcome Measures for Cataracts.
From your EMR to scheduling or billing, Awell easily connects with your systems so you can create powerful clinical guidelines that tie disjointed systems together.
The following patient-reported-outcomes are visualized in the care pathway:
The cataracts care pathway offers numerous benefits that will increase efficiency on the one hand and improve the quality of care for both patient and provider on the other.
- Automatic data collection based on the ICHOM Standard Set
- Automatic scoring calculations
- Integrated with your systems (Electronic Medical Record, scheduling, medical billing, online pharmacy & fulfilment, e-prescribing, insurance eligibility....)
- Decreased administrative burden for the care team
- Automatic alerts to the care team if patients reports alarming Patient-reported-outcomes
- Patient can access information brochures about treatment, symptoms, etc