Overview of the care pathway
We can divide the colorectal cancer care pathway into 3 phases:
- Baseline / pre-treatment
- Acute treatment phase
- Long-term follow-up post-treatment (annual survey for 10 years
The backbone of the care pathway is summarized in the figure below, for this flow we relied mainly on the ICHOM standard set of Patient-Centered Outcome Measures for colorectal cancer.
From your EMR to scheduling or billing, Awell easily connects with your systems so you can create powerful care pathways that tie disjointed systems together.
The following patient-reported-outcomes are visualized in the care pathway:
- EORTC QLQ C30 - Global Scores
- EORTC QLQ C30 - Functional Scores
- EORTC QLQ C30 - Symptom Scores (digestive)
- EORTC QLQ C30 - Symptom Scores (other)
- QLQ CR29 - Functional Scale
The colorectal cancer care pathway offers numerous benefits that will increase efficiency on the one hand and improve the quality of care for both patient and provider on the other.
- Automatic data collection based on the ICHOM Standard Set
- Automatic scoring calculations
- Integrated with your systems (Electronic Medical Record, scheduling, medical billing, online pharmacy & fulfilment, e-prescribing, insurance eligibility....)
- Decreased administrative burden for the care team
- Automatic alerts to the care team if patients reports alarming Patient-reported-outcomes
- Patient can access information brochures about treatment, symptoms, etc