Overview of the care pathway
The IBD care pathway enables more meaningful patient-caregiver conversations by collecting all required information during the week before consultations.
We can divide the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) care pathway into 2 phases:
The backbone of the care pathway is summarized in the figure below, for this flow we relied mainly on the ICHOM standard set of Patient-Centered Outcome Measures for Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
From your EMR to scheduling or billing, Awell easily connects with your systems so you can create powerful care pathways that tie disjointed systems together.
The following patient-reported-outcomes are visualized in the care pathway:
- IBD control: heatmap
- IBD control: subscores
- IBD disk total score
Information brochures & video's
In the care pathway a number of information brochures and video's are included:
- Information video about a colonoscopy
- Information brochure Adalumumab
- Information brochure IMURAN (azathioprine) & PURI-NETHOL (mercaptopurine)
- Inflammatory bowel diseases and nutrition (diet)
- Treatment with Ustekinumab (Stelara)
- Information brochure Entyvio (vedolizumab)
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Inflammatory bowel diseases and vaccinations
- Inflammatory bowel diseases and pregnancy
- Information brochure Infliximab
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) offers numerous benefits that will increase efficiency on the one hand and improve the quality of care for both patient and provider on the other.
- Patients can perform initial triage independently, without the need for a healthcare professional
- Automatic data collection based on the ICHOM Standard Set
- Automatic scoring calculations
- Integrated with your systems (Electronic Medical Record, scheduling, medical billing, online pharmacy & fulfilment, e-prescribing, insurance eligibility....)
- Decreased administrative burden for the care team
- Automatic alerts to the care team if patients reports alarming Patient-reported-outcomes
- Patient can access information brochures about treatment, symptoms, etc