Overview of the care pathway
We can divide the depression & anxiety care pathway into 3 phases:
- Baseline / pre-treatment
- Acute treatment phase
- Long-term follow-up after treatment
The backbone of the care pathway is summarized in the figure below, for this flow we relied mainly on the ICHOM standard set of Patient-Centered Outcome Measures for depression & anxiety.
From your EMR to scheduling or billing, Awell easily connects with your systems so you can create powerful clinical guidelines that tie disjointed systems together.
The following patient-reported-outcomes are visualized in the care pathway:
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD-7)
- Medical Outcomes Study: Social SupportSurvey (MOS-SSS)
- Modified Self-Administered ComorbidityQuestionnaire (SCQ)
- Social Phobia Inventory (SPIN)
- Mobility Inventory for Agoraphobia (MIA)
- Impact of Event Scale- Revise for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (IES-R)
- Panic Disorder Severity Scale (PDSS-SR)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Inventory (OCI-R)
The depression & anxiety care pathway offers numerous benefits that will increase efficiency on the one hand and improve the quality of care for both patient and provider on the other.
- Automatic data collection based on the ICHOM Standard Set
- Automatic scoring calculations
- Integrated with your systems (Electronic Medical Record, scheduling, medical billing, online pharmacy & fulfilment, e-prescribing, insurance eligibility....)
- Decreased administrative burden for the care team
- Automatic alerts to the care team if patients reports alarming Patient-reported-outcomes
- Patient can access information brochures about treatment, symptoms, etc